LifeBridge to open new children's hospital at Sinai
LifeBridge Health, which also owns Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, is spending $29.5 million, including $5 million from the state, to replace the affiliated children's hospital after 53 years in the same building. Wiley said the hospital is reacting to demand after noticing several years ago that it didn't always have enough, or appropriate, rooms to place patients. Once patients move into the new building on March 19, the old facility will be renovated and converted into a place for outpatient procedures.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%