Social media linking Las Vegas doctors, patients
The Surgical Weight Control Center of Las Vegas has had a Facebook page for about three years as a way to keep patients connected to the practice. It seems to be working. Surgical Weight Control Center of Las Vegas now has about 300 "likes" on its page. For Jessica Watson, who underwent gastric band surgery in 2008 to lose weight, the Facebook page is also a way to stay linked to a medical staff that knows her and fellow patients who have undergone the same kinds of surgeries and now have the common goal of maintaining a healthy weight.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest