Social media linking Las Vegas doctors, patients
The Surgical Weight Control Center of Las Vegas has had a Facebook page for about three years as a way to keep patients connected to the practice. It seems to be working. Surgical Weight Control Center of Las Vegas now has about 300 "likes" on its page. For Jessica Watson, who underwent gastric band surgery in 2008 to lose weight, the Facebook page is also a way to stay linked to a medical staff that knows her and fellow patients who have undergone the same kinds of surgeries and now have the common goal of maintaining a healthy weight.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts