North Shore-LIJ expands into NJ
The North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System has reached out of New York state for the first time, creating a strategic alliance with the Hackensack University Health Network in New Jersey. The system said the deal establishes its first formal relationship in New Jersey, while giving the Hackensack University Health Network access to New York City and Long Island. Both nonprofits will retain their independence, including boards, management and financial bottom lines. The two organizations hope to create cooperative programs to promote quality and patient safety.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013