Book excerpt: The Best Care Possible
An excerpt from Ira Byock' forthcoming book, The Best Care Possible: A Physician's Quest to Transform Care Through the End of Life. Byock is the director of palliative medicine at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients