USF Health and Florida Hospital collaborate
Last week, officials from USF Health and Florida Hospital were celebrating a $6.9 million state appropriation for a joint cardiovascular institute at the University of South Florida. On Monday, Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute adding USF Health to its name and announced new research and patient care collaborations around the Tampa Bay area, focusing on cancer care, neurology and, of course, cardiac care. USF long has wanted a hospital close to or on its main campus in North Tampa, and talks with Florida Hospital officials started in 2009.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts