Hospital offers free testing to 307 former patients
Sheridan Memorial Hospital has offered free testing for diseases to 307 former patients who had a procedure in which a potentially infected reusable airway was used. During the period in question, the sterilization procedure for the reusable airways didn't include steam autoclaving, which was contrary to the hospital's own policy and the recommendation of the airway manufacturer. The hospital recently switched to disposable airways, which are discarded after one use.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program