AL hospital seeks sites for cancer, OB needs as cutbacks start
Cooper Green Mercy Hospital officials are scrambling to find medical facilities for cancer patients and new and expectant mothers as the hospital prepares to close its oncology and OB/ GYN units. Sussman said arrangements are being made to send oncology patients to UAB Hospital and the OB patients to Princeton Baptist Medical Center. Officials at those hospitals said Friday that they were unaware of any definitive plans with the county-owned hospital for the poor, which is slashing staff and departments to try to bring expenses down to the level of its revenues.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus