Opinion: Hospital association "declares war" on patient empowerment
A firestorm has been triggered by the American Hospital Association's (AHA) 68 page letter (PDF) commenting on the Stage 2 Meaningful Use proposed requirements. [Part of the federal stimulus included incentive payments to healthcare providers to encourage Electronic Health Records adoption. In order to receive incentive payments, healthcare providers need to demonstrate they are meeting "Meaningful Use" requirements.] The reaction has been swift from various individuals and organizations leading the patient rights and empowerment movement.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients