Opinion: Hospital association "declares war" on patient empowerment
A firestorm has been triggered by the American Hospital Association's (AHA) 68 page letter (PDF) commenting on the Stage 2 Meaningful Use proposed requirements. [Part of the federal stimulus included incentive payments to healthcare providers to encourage Electronic Health Records adoption. In order to receive incentive payments, healthcare providers need to demonstrate they are meeting "Meaningful Use" requirements.] The reaction has been swift from various individuals and organizations leading the patient rights and empowerment movement.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts