WellStar limits access to cardiac-cath labs
Last month, WellStar restricted use of its cardiac-catheterization labs to only those cardiologists who are employed by the health system, a move that has caused friction among independent doctors. Patients of non-WellStar cardiologists who need such procedures can either go to another hospital that does allow their doctor, or be referred to a WellStar cardiologist to perform the procedure.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law