Cardiologist says doctors ready for more active role
Dr. William Zoghbi, director of the cardiovascular imaging institute at Methodist Hospital, was recently named president of the American College of Cardiology, taking the high-profile role as the U.S. Supreme Court prepares to rule on the Affordable Care Act. Zoghbi is one of 22 Americans chosen to carry the Olympic torch through Great Britain before the games begin there this summer. He spoke with Houston Chronicle reporter Jeannie Kever about issues facing his field.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch