Wellmark inks ACO deal with Genesis Health System
Genesis Health System announced Tuesday that it has signed a contract with Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield to set up an accountable-care organization. Wellmark announced in April that it had signed similar contracts with Iowa Health System and Mercy Medical Center-Des Moines. The idea is gaining steam nationally, largely because of incentives from the federal health reform law. University Hospitals in Iowa City and Mercy Medical Center-Cedar Rapids, which are working together to form such an organization, signed on with Medicare. A Genesis spokesman said his system hopes to sign a similar contract with Medicare in the next few weeks.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts