CEO expresses concern over future of NH's Exeter Hospital
The leader of Exeter Hospital said his organization's focus is on taking care of those impacted by the hospital's hepatitis C outbreak and not the legal cloud. "It's not about the lawsuits for us, it's about caring about these patients and making sure their medical care is provided to them," said Kevin Callahan, president and chief executive officer of Exeter Health Resources, parent company of the hospital. But questions linger about the hospital's long-term viability as the investigation into the hepatitis C outbreak continues.Currently, 20 people have been infected.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors