US attorney, FBI join probe into hospital hepatitis C outbreak as lawsuits emerge
The U. S. attorney's office has joined the investigation into the hepatitis C outbreak at New Hampshire's Exeter Hospital's cardiac catheterization lab.State public health officials have said they suspect a lab employee's misuse of drugs led to the outbreak. A hospital worker and 19 of the lab's patients have tested positive for the liver-destroying disease since the investigation began last month.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'