US attorney, FBI join probe into hospital hepatitis C outbreak as lawsuits emerge
The U. S. attorney's office has joined the investigation into the hepatitis C outbreak at New Hampshire's Exeter Hospital's cardiac catheterization lab.State public health officials have said they suspect a lab employee's misuse of drugs led to the outbreak. A hospital worker and 19 of the lab's patients have tested positive for the liver-destroying disease since the investigation began last month.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse