US attorney, FBI join probe into hospital hepatitis C outbreak as lawsuits emerge
The U. S. attorney's office has joined the investigation into the hepatitis C outbreak at New Hampshire's Exeter Hospital's cardiac catheterization lab.State public health officials have said they suspect a lab employee's misuse of drugs led to the outbreak. A hospital worker and 19 of the lab's patients have tested positive for the liver-destroying disease since the investigation began last month.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?