Opinion: Berwick on how 'Obamacare' has put nation on right track
"Obamacare" is helping our nation achieve healthcare that is excellent, accessible to all and affordable. In the 17 months that I led the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), I saw how this law is helping tens of millions of families and is finally putting our healthcare system on the right track. Samuelson is right to be concerned about healthcare costs. We've been on an unsustainable path for decades. But while he offers no remedy beyond the broken status quo, the president's reform helps us make healthcare sustainable the right way: by improving it, not cutting it.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts