UPMC's electronic health information exchange begins
Over the next year, all members of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's ClinicalConnect health information exchange will be able to securely share and see clinical records. ClinicalConnect is expected to be among the biggest such systems in the state, with more than 7 million patient records, according to UPMC. The electronic backbone will benefit patients by reducing unnecessary testing, delays and costs and increasing the use of preventive care and chronic illness management programs.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?