BlueCross TN to partner with Methodist Healthcare
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee will partner with Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare in a five-year arrangement that will advance new care and payment models. The agreement goes into effect Jan. 1, 2013 and will focus on quality care. The new agreement with Methodist is based on three key components: Methodist will replace Baptist Memorial Healthcare System as the Network S provider in the Memphis area. Giving members access to the region's most comprehensive health system via BlueCross' most cost-efficient Network S will drive savings for customers. Each organization has committed significant resources toward the development of the framework for an accountable care organization (ACO) that will serve Memphians and others in the region.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts