More than 300 patients sue KY hospital, allege needless procedures
More than 300 former patients have filed suits against a southern Kentucky hospital and associated agencies alleging they underwent unnecessary heart procedures carrying high risks. The lawsuits were filed in Laurel County Circuit Court against St. Joseph London. Around 30 lawsuits were filed by Louisville attorney Hans Poppe last year alone. The lawsuits include claims that patients were given unnecessary heart procedures which information from the American Heart Association indicates has serious risks, including death in some cases.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013