More than 300 patients sue KY hospital, allege needless procedures
More than 300 former patients have filed suits against a southern Kentucky hospital and associated agencies alleging they underwent unnecessary heart procedures carrying high risks. The lawsuits were filed in Laurel County Circuit Court against St. Joseph London. Around 30 lawsuits were filed by Louisville attorney Hans Poppe last year alone. The lawsuits include claims that patients were given unnecessary heart procedures which information from the American Heart Association indicates has serious risks, including death in some cases.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US