Opinion: Everyone needs a healthcare coach
In a comment on my post Healthcare Needs Transparency, which argues that U.S. healthcare customers need better information to be smart buyers, James Daghllian remarked: "if you are not a savvy senior or have a smart son, [I] guess you are just screwed in America!" He touches a recurrent theme: many people feel unable to navigate the healthcare system. For example, a well-educated and successful business colleague recently told me: "I don't want to have to learn that healthcare stuff; I want someone to guide me." I feel this way too.
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- When a hospital closes
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances