Opinion: Everyone needs a healthcare coach
In a comment on my post Healthcare Needs Transparency, which argues that U.S. healthcare customers need better information to be smart buyers, James Daghllian remarked: "if you are not a savvy senior or have a smart son, [I] guess you are just screwed in America!" He touches a recurrent theme: many people feel unable to navigate the healthcare system. For example, a well-educated and successful business colleague recently told me: "I don't want to have to learn that healthcare stuff; I want someone to guide me." I feel this way too.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'