Mining physicians’ notes for medical insights
One of the difficulties in extracting data from unstructured text, such as physicians' freeform notes, is what computer scientists call word-sense disambiguation. Researchers from MIT's Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory will present a new system for disambiguating the senses of words used in doctors' clinical notes.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal