Hearing held on Exeter Hospital hep C suits
Some of the 32 Exeter Hospital patients infected with hepatitis C during the hospital's outbreak last year have cleared the virus from their system, an attorney representing the hospital said. William Dailey Jr., senior partner at Sloane and Walsh in Boston, also said the hospital has been assisting the patients financially with their hepatitis C treatments by taking care of transportation costs, co-pays, medications not covered by insurance, and other expenses.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'