Hospital Compare Adds Interactive Data
Gradually, over recent months, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has expanded its quality of care website tool, Hospital Compare.
The latest upgrade includes embedded spreadsheets containing data on a variety of measures, including readmissions and value-based purchasing scores for nearly 3,000 hospitals, through a new interface called Socrata.
The tables are interactive, allowing users to customize the way they sort columns of data. For example, it is now possible to see the scores of all hospitals in a certain zip code range. Previously, the data was available by downloading Hospital Compare database files and opening them in a spreadsheet program such as Excel.
Before, the website only allowed comparisons of data from three hospitals at a time, or against state and national averages. That function is maintained, but now users can see how hospital scores compare with those in other regions as well.
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- 3 NC Health Systems Form Shared Services Organization
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Hospital Pharmacies Prep for Drug Takebacks
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- When a hospital closes