Kaiser's Obamacare rates surprise analysts
In California's new state-run health insurance market, Kaiser Permanente will cost you. The healthcare giant has the highest rates in Southern California and some other areas of the state, surpassing rivals such as Anthem Blue Cross and other smaller competitors. The relatively high premiums from such a strong supporter of the federal healthcare law surprised industry analysts, and it has sparked considerable debate about the company's motives. Some experts say Kaiser intentionally bid high to avoid drawing too many customers next year who are sick or who have been uninsured for years and may be costlier to treat.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Discuss Population Health Management