Opinion: What's the role of a hospital in 10 years?
Dr. Eric Topol was named #1 Most Influential Physician Executive in Healthcare of 2012 by Modern Healthcare so his views are closely watched. In addition to his role as a cardiologist, geneticist and author of the Creative Destruction of Medicine, he's also the Editor-in-Chief of Medscape (WebMD's leading physician offering). Every health system CEO I've spoken with readily admits that we've essentially had a hospital building bubble with an over-capacity of 40-50% of hospital beds as we shift from the "do more, bill more" fee-for-service system to the "no outcome, no income" fee-for-value era.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program