Opinion: What's the role of a hospital in 10 years?
Dr. Eric Topol was named #1 Most Influential Physician Executive in Healthcare of 2012 by Modern Healthcare so his views are closely watched. In addition to his role as a cardiologist, geneticist and author of the Creative Destruction of Medicine, he's also the Editor-in-Chief of Medscape (WebMD's leading physician offering). Every health system CEO I've spoken with readily admits that we've essentially had a hospital building bubble with an over-capacity of 40-50% of hospital beds as we shift from the "do more, bill more" fee-for-service system to the "no outcome, no income" fee-for-value era.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away