SLIDESHOW: Council Connection–ED Performance and Viability
According to HealthLeaders' May Intelligence Report, while 84% of healthcare leaders expect their emergency department patient volume to increase within the next three years, at least six in 10 expect their ED's operating margins and reimbursement rates to decline during that period. We asked members of the HealthLeaders Media Council: What is your organization doing to improve ED performance and ensure the ED's operational viability?
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%