Online resource available for cancer patients choosing new health insurance
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Nineteen cancer and patient advocacy organizations have launched a web site to help patients choose insurance plans in the new health insurance marketplaces that will begin next week. CancerInsurance Checklist.org is a free resource -- paid for with a grant from Novartis Oncology, a division of the drug manufacturer Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. -- and is geared toward people with cancer, a history of cancer or a risk of cancer who will be picking new health coverage through insurance plans that will be available for purchase Oct. 1 under the Affordable Care Act.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus