App's map of the human body also charts next generation of surgical training
Thanks to 3D mapping technology you can peek at Central Park, walk the Great Wall of China or even zoom in on the Big Dipper without leaving your sofa. Now a new map lets you explore locations much, much closer to home - like your bones, muscles, brain and heart. The BioDigital Human, which launched this week as an app for iPhone and iPad, is like Google Maps for the human body, allowing users to zoom, tap and explore underneath layers of skin, muscle and bone. By viewing the 3D model from every angle, users can learn how various bodily systems function and take a look at how conditions from acne to whooping cough play out beneath the surface.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US