Slideshow: Cardio Services—Keeping Pace with the Pulse of Population Health
>>>View Intelligence Report Slideshow
Most health systems have historically relied on their cardiovascular service line for at least 20% of their revenue. Until recently, that revenue stream has been largely driven by volume; but now, times are changing and the industry is experiencing a paradigm shift from volume-based to value-based healthcare.
Operating margins for cardiovascular specialties remain strong, but many leaders anticipate changes and challenges to their revenue streams that could mean bottom-line pressure.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Ascension, Carondelet to Partner with Tenet, Dignity Health
- Rural Means Older and Sicker, Data Confirms