Slideshow: Cardio Services—Keeping Pace with the Pulse of Population Health
>>>View Intelligence Report Slideshow
Most health systems have historically relied on their cardiovascular service line for at least 20% of their revenue. Until recently, that revenue stream has been largely driven by volume; but now, times are changing and the industry is experiencing a paradigm shift from volume-based to value-based healthcare.
Operating margins for cardiovascular specialties remain strong, but many leaders anticipate changes and challenges to their revenue streams that could mean bottom-line pressure.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers