Intuitive Surgical profit dives 77% on robot sales
Intuitive Surgical Inc. said its first-quarter earnings fell 77% on a steep decline in sales of its da Vinci robotic-surgery systems. Shares fell 4.1% to $405 in recent after-hours trading. Intuitive Surgical has struggled recently as concerns about the safety and cost-effectiveness of the company's robots have hurt sales, according to analysts. The company on April 8 had preannounced the company's preliminary results for the quarter.In the latest quarter, da Vinci systems sales fell 59% to $106 million, as expected.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US