Slideshow: The New Primary Care Model—A Patient-Centered Approach to Care Coordination
>>>View Intelligence Report Slideshow
Patients with new insurance coverage via the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act are likely to access the system through a PCP. These physicians also are being courted by payers, government agencies, and health systems to innovate in practice design and in accountability for outcomes and costs. As the focus shifts to prevention, care of chronic illness, and population health, the primary care physician will play a pivotal role.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised