TX probes Dallas hospital for patient abuse
Texas health authorities are investigating allegations that employees at a troubled Dallas hospital restrained and shoved toilet paper into the mouth of a mental health patient. The Dallas Morning News reports Sunday a nurse and co-worker also put a sheet over the patient's head at Parkland Memorial Hospital after she spat on them as they strapped her into a chair. A Parkland spokeswoman says two employees have been dismissed. A police report describing video footage says blood is visible on the toilet paper after it was removed from the patient's mouth. The police investigation has been closed as "unfounded."
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care