Decision Time for Community Hospitals
Where will community hospitals fit in the future healthcare landscape? Mergers and acquisitions of hospitals continue at record levels, yet many community and rural hospitals wish to remain independent. To position themselves financially and operationally for the future, these hospitals must understand the competitive dynamics of their situation.
They must control costs while still offering quality services, attract and retain physicians, find their niche among competitors near and far—and consider the right partner to work with short of a merger. HealthLeaders Media convened a panel of community hospital CEOs to discuss how they can navigate increasingly difficult straits and maintain the values of their organizations and communities. [Sponsored by CHC]
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream