Deal nearer in Iowa cardiologists’ move
Iowa Heart Center and Iowa Health-Des Moines have called a truce in a legal tug of war over the services of seven cardiologists. The doctors used to work for Iowa Heart Center, but they announced this summer that they were quitting Iowa Heart to work for Iowa Health-Des Moines. Iowa Health has heavily advertised its new cardiology practice, but Iowa Heart contended that the doctors were bound by "non-compete" clauses in their contracts under which they had agreed not to practice medicine within 50 miles of any Iowa Heart locations for two years after leaving the practice. The differences led to a legal battle for the cardiologists' services.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs