Deal nearer in Iowa cardiologists’ move
Iowa Heart Center and Iowa Health-Des Moines have called a truce in a legal tug of war over the services of seven cardiologists. The doctors used to work for Iowa Heart Center, but they announced this summer that they were quitting Iowa Heart to work for Iowa Health-Des Moines. Iowa Health has heavily advertised its new cardiology practice, but Iowa Heart contended that the doctors were bound by "non-compete" clauses in their contracts under which they had agreed not to practice medicine within 50 miles of any Iowa Heart locations for two years after leaving the practice. The differences led to a legal battle for the cardiologists' services.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'