Deal nearer in Iowa cardiologists’ move
Iowa Heart Center and Iowa Health-Des Moines have called a truce in a legal tug of war over the services of seven cardiologists. The doctors used to work for Iowa Heart Center, but they announced this summer that they were quitting Iowa Heart to work for Iowa Health-Des Moines. Iowa Health has heavily advertised its new cardiology practice, but Iowa Heart contended that the doctors were bound by "non-compete" clauses in their contracts under which they had agreed not to practice medicine within 50 miles of any Iowa Heart locations for two years after leaving the practice. The differences led to a legal battle for the cardiologists' services.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts