Carolinas Medical Center-NorthEast’s trauma designation reinstated
The North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services has reinstated a level III trauma center designation for Carolinas Medical Center-NorthEast. The hospital voluntarily relinquished the designation in 2007 after a review identified several areas that needed improvement. State representatives visited the hospital last month and found no process deficiencies.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law