Large study backs effectiveness of ’virtual’ colonoscopies
A study by the New England Journal of Medicine has found that "virtual" colonoscopies can detect cancer just as well as invasive procedures. The virtual exams are done using a CT scan, which when performed at 15 hospitals around the country, found 90% of cancers in patients.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives