Large study backs effectiveness of ’virtual’ colonoscopies
A study by the New England Journal of Medicine has found that "virtual" colonoscopies can detect cancer just as well as invasive procedures. The virtual exams are done using a CT scan, which when performed at 15 hospitals around the country, found 90% of cancers in patients.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest