New intensive care unit opens at Minneapolis-based HCMC
Minneapolis-based Hennepin County Medical Center is offering the public its first look at the facility's new Medical Intensive Care Unit. Single patient rooms feature flat screen TVs, thermostats, light-filtering window blinds, space for families, and ample space for necessary equipment. The unit also includes family rooms, large windows, nursing stations between every two rooms, and improved layout to increase accessibly. The Medical Intensive Care Unit is the first phase of an $80 million upgrade to the facility.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations