Philadelphia judge to decide on Fox Chase expansion
Fox Chase Cancer Center's plan to expand into neighboring Burholme Park is now in the hands of Judge John W. Herron of Philadelphia Orphans Court. Herron heard final arguments from lawyers representing neighbors who oppose leasing part of the park to the hospital, as well as from lawyers for Fox Chase and the city, which supports the deal. Fox Chase says it needs to grow because of rising demand for cancer care and research. It would build on 19 of the park's 69 acres, but it has said it will look elsewhere if the city says no.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts