Two Hartford hospitals to run top-level trauma center
A trauma center run jointly by Connecticut Children's Medical Center and Hartford Hospital has become the state's third Level 1 trauma facility. The Trauma Institute combines the work of both hospitals' trauma programs and standardizes their practices, staff training and evaluations. Until The Trauma Institute received the designation, Yale-New Haven Hospital and Hartford Hospital were the state's only Level 1 trauma facilities, and only Yale- New Haven was designated for both adults and children.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL