Two Hartford hospitals to run top-level trauma center
A trauma center run jointly by Connecticut Children's Medical Center and Hartford Hospital has become the state's third Level 1 trauma facility. The Trauma Institute combines the work of both hospitals' trauma programs and standardizes their practices, staff training and evaluations. Until The Trauma Institute received the designation, Yale-New Haven Hospital and Hartford Hospital were the state's only Level 1 trauma facilities, and only Yale- New Haven was designated for both adults and children.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care