UPMC St. Margaret closing Harmar cardiac program
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, November 7, 2008
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center St. Margaret will close its cardiac and pulmonary rehab services at the UPMC St. Margaret Wellness Center in Harmar effective Jan. 5. In a news release, UPMC said the decision was made to concentrate on its core services and programs. It also cited costs and medical insurance as factors.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream