Simon Center opens at New Jersey-based Overlook Hospital
Newark Star-Ledger, November 17, 2008
Overlook Hospital in Summit, NJ, has opened the new Carol G. Simon Cancer Center. The two-story, 26,000-square foot building is an extension off the main hospital, where the number of patients diagnosed or treated for cancer has increased 46% since 1999, according to hospital officials. With nearly 43,000 cancer patient visits annually, the hospital had to expand to meet the increasing patient volume, along with all the expanding programs and services, said center medical director Daniel Moriarty.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers