Beverly (MA) Hospital shelves plan to close natural birthing center
Beverly Hospital trustees have backed down from a plan to cease deliveries at the hospital's natural birthing center, one of only two such facilities in Massachusetts. In a statement from Northeast Health System, which owns Beverly Hospital, officials noted that a grass-roots campaign to save the North Shore Birth Center had "not gone unnoticed." But the statement also made it clear that the center's future is still very much in question.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts