Nashville hospital can keep baby unit closed
Southern Hills Hospital in Nashville will end labor and delivery services after a group of obstetricians consolidated their practice at StoneCrest Medical Center in Smyrna, TN. This leaves a lack of obstetricians on staff to continue offering those services. Concerns have since been raised about access to care for pregnant women and their newborns.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers