Waterbury, CT, hospital's pediatric unit set to reopen
Hartford Courant, January 5, 2009
The pediatric unit at Waterbury, CT-based St. Mary's Hospital will reopen with a new look and a new owner as part of a collaboration between St. Mary's, Waterbury Hospital, and Hartford-based Connecticut Children's Medical Center. The collaboration combines the pediatrics departments of Waterbury and St. Mary's hospitals with an inpatient unit located at St. Mary's Hospital but owned and operated by Connecticut Children's Medical Center. Representatives from the three hospitals have been working on the plan since 2007 as a way to more efficiently deliver pediatric care.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer