Waterbury, CT, hospital's pediatric unit set to reopen
Hartford Courant, January 5, 2009
The pediatric unit at Waterbury, CT-based St. Mary's Hospital will reopen with a new look and a new owner as part of a collaboration between St. Mary's, Waterbury Hospital, and Hartford-based Connecticut Children's Medical Center. The collaboration combines the pediatrics departments of Waterbury and St. Mary's hospitals with an inpatient unit located at St. Mary's Hospital but owned and operated by Connecticut Children's Medical Center. Representatives from the three hospitals have been working on the plan since 2007 as a way to more efficiently deliver pediatric care.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013