Kentucky doctors' group plans brain disease center
Lousville, KY-based Norton Healthcare plans to spend up to $100 million over the next decade to develop a new center treating brain and nervous system disorders. The Norton Neuroscience Institute has no single location, but Norton plans to upgrade facilities and technology at its four hospitals and the Norton Brownsboro Hospital set to open in August. The eight physicians in the Neurosurgical Institute of Kentucky, who are also the faculty of the University of Louisville department of neurological surgery, will be the initial doctors in the venture.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013