Cancer center to come to Newnan, GA
South metro Atlanta leaders are expected to announce a new hospital in Newnan, GA, dedicated to care for those with cancer. Cancer Treatment Centers of America plans to build a cancer hospital in Newnan that will create 500 jobs and generate $500 million in economic activity over the facility's first five years, organizers say. It is also expected to bring in thousands of cancer patients from throughout the Southeast to metro Atlanta.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?