Heart surgery OK'd at Lawrenceville, GA-based Gwinnett Medical Center
Georgia has granted Lawrenceville-based Gwinnett Medical Center the right to perform open-heart surgery. The decision came after a yearlong fight in which Emory and Piedmont hospitals tried to block approval for the Gwinnett hospital program. The decision by the commissioner of the state Department of Community Health reversed a state panel decision two months ago that turned down the Gwinnett request.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US