Heart surgery OK'd at Lawrenceville, GA-based Gwinnett Medical Center
Georgia has granted Lawrenceville-based Gwinnett Medical Center the right to perform open-heart surgery. The decision came after a yearlong fight in which Emory and Piedmont hospitals tried to block approval for the Gwinnett hospital program. The decision by the commissioner of the state Department of Community Health reversed a state panel decision two months ago that turned down the Gwinnett request.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'