Catholic Health East Realizes Major Savings from Changing GPOs
No one will dispute that reducing hospital supply costs-as long as the quality of the supplies stays the same-is a good thing. Any gains drop straight to the bottom line. But switching group purchasing organizations to get better prices may seem daunting: disrupting relationships between hospital personnel and vendors, introducing alternative products, trying to get physicians and employees to accept change.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data