Profile in Cardiovascular Excellence
Abington Memorial Hospital (AMH) is a 570-bed nonprofit regional teaching hospital serving three major counties in suburban Philadelphia. AMH has more than 35,500 annual inpatient admissions and is a Level 2 trauma center with more than 90,000 annual emergency room visits. In 2007, AMH leaders embarked on a plan to enhance their hospital?s Pilla Heart Center and partnered with Accelero Health Partners, an organization that specializes in service line management. Accelero works with partnering hospitals to aggregate cardiovascular services into a single service line and four manageable product lines: prevention, early detection/advanced diagnostics, disease management, and surgical/invasive interventions.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts