Profile in Cardiovascular Excellence
Abington Memorial Hospital (AMH) is a 570-bed nonprofit regional teaching hospital serving three major counties in suburban Philadelphia. AMH has more than 35,500 annual inpatient admissions and is a Level 2 trauma center with more than 90,000 annual emergency room visits. In 2007, AMH leaders embarked on a plan to enhance their hospital?s Pilla Heart Center and partnered with Accelero Health Partners, an organization that specializes in service line management. Accelero works with partnering hospitals to aggregate cardiovascular services into a single service line and four manageable product lines: prevention, early detection/advanced diagnostics, disease management, and surgical/invasive interventions.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care