Profile in Cardiovascular Excellence
Abington Memorial Hospital (AMH) is a 570-bed nonprofit regional teaching hospital serving three major counties in suburban Philadelphia. AMH has more than 35,500 annual inpatient admissions and is a Level 2 trauma center with more than 90,000 annual emergency room visits. In 2007, AMH leaders embarked on a plan to enhance their hospital?s Pilla Heart Center and partnered with Accelero Health Partners, an organization that specializes in service line management. Accelero works with partnering hospitals to aggregate cardiovascular services into a single service line and four manageable product lines: prevention, early detection/advanced diagnostics, disease management, and surgical/invasive interventions.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer