The Economy-Busting Revenue Cycle - 5 top issues facing RCM and what to do about them
Financial hardship has touched the healthcare industry, along with the rest of the U.S. economy. According to a report from the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), more than half of hospitals surveyed reported negative total margins between June and December 2008. Facilities with more than 500 beds were the hardest hit; 80 percent had negative total margins attributed to declines in patient revenue, among other financial pressures.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal