The Economy-Busting Revenue Cycle - 5 top issues facing RCM and what to do about them
Financial hardship has touched the healthcare industry, along with the rest of the U.S. economy. According to a report from the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), more than half of hospitals surveyed reported negative total margins between June and December 2008. Facilities with more than 500 beds were the hardest hit; 80 percent had negative total margins attributed to declines in patient revenue, among other financial pressures.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL