Three Traits of a Successful Service Line Director
"One of the most important success factors to service line management is having an effective infrastructure in place that is led by a service line director," says Joe Tomaro, senior vice president at Accelero Health Partners. The degree to which a service line director can support coordination of team meetings and initiatives, review and advance program performance markers, and facilitate relationships with key physicians is critical to a successful program. The musculoskeletal service line directors included in this case study attribute their success to strengths in the following three areas, all of which can be applied to any service line: organizational skills, relationship building, and business planning and execution. "I think those are the three key traits that hospitals should look for in a service line director," says Tomaro.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- The case for concierge medicine
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- HSAs: What About the Fees?