Three Traits of a Successful Service Line Director
"One of the most important success factors to service line management is having an effective infrastructure in place that is led by a service line director," says Joe Tomaro, senior vice president at Accelero Health Partners. The degree to which a service line director can support coordination of team meetings and initiatives, review and advance program performance markers, and facilitate relationships with key physicians is critical to a successful program. The musculoskeletal service line directors included in this case study attribute their success to strengths in the following three areas, all of which can be applied to any service line: organizational skills, relationship building, and business planning and execution. "I think those are the three key traits that hospitals should look for in a service line director," says Tomaro.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations